SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

Hardware or product specific questions are best asked here.
By wjulian@t-online.de
I want to do example 4 and 6 of the "Cryptographic Co-Processor ATECC508A (Qwiic) Hookup Guide" just via Wifi communication betweeen MC1 and MC2 instead of wires.

My Question: What Wifi modules would be the best solution here in order to have no big trouble implementing them into the given system and programming them? Im thankful for any advise which Wifi modules to order.
In the end what you're looking for is something that takes serial data in one pin, transmits it over WiFi and spits it out another pin on a different board. You're going to need a WiFi module that can be configured to send data serially from one board to another to do that.

You should be able to do this with an ESP8266 based board like the Thing but you would need to program the ESP8266 to pipe serial data via WiFi to do that. (It's not going to be plug and play.)

We don't carry them anymore, but Digi makes a WiFi XBee that could be configured to work as a serial pipe over WiFi. That might be the simplest route (but more expensive) if you don't want to do any programming.
By wjulian@t-online.de
Ok I would order the "Beefy 3 - FTDI Basic Breakout" that you linked, to program my two ESP8266 modules.

Can I connect my ESP8266 modules (after programmed through FTDI) directly to my Artemis RedBoards which have a 3.3V Power Pin and all the data Pins are 3.3V too as I see? So no need of a Logic Level Converter, right?
 Topic permissions

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum