SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

Everything ARM and LPC
By Demytro
Just wondering if anyone knows of the status of the Olimex LPC-H2888.
The Olimex website indicates that this board will be available Oct 2006.
I am very keen in getting one of these boards. Any information on availability and pricing would be greatly appreciated.
By myhrman
I asked Olimex last week, and they told me it'll be available by the end of october. The price is $100/each.

A bit expensive IMHO, but still a very interesting board indeed.
By ghazan.haider
Are you kidding? It has plenty of memory and flash for uCLinux. If it is $100 I'm definitely getting one. Unless the EP9315 board is under $160, then I'll get that one.

Am I the only one wishing the LPC2888 had an MMU? With the LCD controller and SDRAM controller already in there, the MMU is the only thing missing for Windows CE, PalmOS etc. Cant wait for LPC3180
By FarMcKon
I'm also waiting on the Olimex LPC-H2888.
By seulater
I want one bad too, but $100 bucks seems a bit steep for that board.
so we are way past the release date, whats the deal Olimex ?
By dmcooper314
Interested as well. Olimex's website is now saying
PRELIMINARY INFO, THIS BOARD WILL BE AVAILABLE FOR SALE APRIL-MAY 2007
. I emailed info@olimex.com about a week ago to ask if this date was still valid, and haven't heard back.

Hope it's released soon!
By seulater
ya, i never have gotten a response from them when asking about release dates. I think they got to many sticks in the fire, then should work on what they can handle instead of promising a bunch of stuff and then don't deliver.
By seulater
Hey Olimex, when is this bad boy gonna be released ????
By dmcooper314
I've sent two emails, both went unanswered. The site says April-May. Well, today is the last day of May.

I could really use this!!
By seulater
i could use it as well. I just hope they dont over price it when it does come out.
By dmcooper314
Still, price is not much of an issue for me. There's really nothing decent out there right now with Hi-Speed USB, at least not that I could find that's going to be priced anywhere near this. So I guess price is an issue, I just don't think, whatever they decide, that it'll be anywhere near as high as the competition for Hi-Speed USB Dev Boards.
By seulater
i agree, but dont let them know that we dont care what the cost is :D
By ghazan.haider
Price would be an issue for me.

I'm waiting on 3 parts from Olimex... LPC2888, the 9315 and LPC-L2294-8MB. I've been designing my own LPC-L2294-8MB board lately, maybe I'll build it before Olimex (my sram (Cypress) parts are more readily available than the Samsung PSRAMs that are holding Olimex back, albeit at a higher cost). I'm also hoping to use the expensive MRAMs instead of the flash. MRAMs kick butt for prototyping because they're fast and writes are not limited.

What's holding ME back is the fact that the Eagle library is limited on footprints and I'm learning how to make footprints.
By seulater
OK Olimex, I know you watch these forums. So listen closely!!!

I don't know how things are done over there in BULGARIA, but over here in the good old U.S.A. its considered RUDE when someone asks you a question and you don't even take the time to reply.

Let alone, to have several people ask, and yet you still give no reply. Get it together and let us know once and for all what is the story with this LPC-H2888 release date ?

I think we are all old enough to handle the truth of the matter.