SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

Have questions about a SparkFun product or board? This is the place to be.
By phoenixperry
Hello! I have my el escudo dos hooked up and functioning with my Bare Conductive Board. The board has no problems turning the wire on with the pad. However, even though the code is correct and the multimeter verified it was in fact switching between and 5v (well 4 something but who's counting) every 10 seconds, the wire never goes off. I am using ports A-C with pins 5,6 and 7. I'm assuming they don't need to be an exact mapping? Any pin 2-9 should work with any port right? Or is this a bad assumption? Any other suggestions?

Thank you,
Phoenix
Last edited by phoenixperry on Wed May 20, 2015 1:25 am, edited 2 times in total.
By phoenixperry
Turns out for the sequencer to function you need more than one piece of el wire plugged in. Found that odd but when I plugged in all the ports, magically the same code / hardware ran fine.
Last edited by phoenixperry on Wed May 20, 2015 1:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
By phoenixperry
Now I'm trying to turn all of the lights off - it seems to get stuck on the last pad that was on. It's def not my code. Is there a way to turn off all lights? It wants to leave one on which is super weird. It doesn't care which one, just whatever the last one on was. Oddness. Is there a kind of kill all I can send over? I verified with my multimeter none of the arduino pins are sending voltage when this happens which means this is definitely happening on the el escudo.