SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

All things pertaining to wireless and RF links
By anjiro
So I just got the new sparkfun BT module in and replaced the old Mitsumi module with it. It seems to work fine, except I can't figure out how to get it to go into command mode. With the Mitsumi, I'd connect from my PC and do "+++\n" and it would return "OK". With this one, I try the same, and I get "+++\n" out the other end. Any subsequent characters are sent straight on through to the other end.

Anyone have any ideas?

dan
By codewrighter
I'm also having trouble getting into command mode, no idea how to do it. Any help would be appreciated.
By anjiro
codewrighter wrote:I'm also having trouble getting into command mode, no idea how to do it. Any help would be appreciated.
Actually I finally figured it out. It appears that you can only enter command mode from the host, that is the device that is connected directly to the BT module. And secondly, a close reading of the datasheet reveals that commands must be terminated with '\r' instead of '\n'.

I'm still having a hard time reliably working with it, though, for example trying to change the name of them module or the baud rate. Guess I can try the other new bluetooth module instead... sigh.