SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

All things pertaining to wireless and RF links
By blacksun
I have recently come into posession of two black boxes. One is a video transmitter and the other is a reciever. The funny thing is there is absolutly no markings (ie: positive, negative, jumper/component numbers) on the circuit boards or boxes, except for TDS 2002 on the Rx board and TD SYSTEMS on the Tx board. I've exhausted my usual resources for snoopin out the manufacture of this gear for more information. Check out these pics and lemme know if you have any thoughts, or if i should start looking for the tan trenchcoats to knock on my door. http://www.flickr.com/photos/12331332@N07/
By Daniel Wee
That looks to me like some sort of wireless lapel microphone system. At least the plugs look like they take lapel mics.

Daniel
By riden
I seriously doubt this is a wireless microphone system, even though that makes sense by looking at the photos. The frequency band of 1320MHz is not allocated for wireless microphones, but it is a fairly common intermediate frequency (IF) for ultra-wideband systems, and it also is within the L-Band radar spectrum.
By wiml
Is there an FCC ID on it anywhere? You can look up those ID numbers on the FCC's web site and get a brief description of the device (well, whatever the mfr supplied to the FCC when they got approval).
By blacksun
wiml wrote:Is there an FCC ID on it anywhere? You can look up those ID numbers on the FCC's web site and get a brief description of the device (well, whatever the mfr supplied to the FCC when they got approval).
You would think there would be.....but there is not. yet again why I am questioning where this came from. The "normal" identifying labels dont exist, nether printed on the PCB or on the components.
By saipan59
The TD Systems web site indicates they are involved with Fibre Channel storage, archiving, etc. I work in the high-end storage business, but I've never heard of them.

The lack of markings may indicate that they are prototypes of a gadget that perhaps didn't ever go into production. Just a guess: They are part of some sort of wireless LAN/SAN system.

There's a contact e-mail on their web site - why don't you ask them? www.tdsys.com .

Pete
By Grimm Spector
I imagine it's a different company, the layout looks like it came from overseas, and that would explain the lack of markings.
By RonnyM
1320 MHz is a video transmit channel on some RF systems. I've seen a GPS unit that uses a similar power connector so battery packs can be stacked for longer run time. If you start to see little red dots playing across your windows, I am sure it's just fireflies! :wink:
By Grimm Spector
RonnyM wrote:1320 MHz is a video transmit channel on some RF systems. I've seen a GPS unit that uses a similar power connector so battery packs can be stacked for longer run time. If you start to see little red dots playing across your windows, I am sure it's just fireflies! :wink:
haha careful some organizations are using the green fireflies :P