SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

Discussions about carrier boards have here!
By tepalia02
Oh, never really worked with this. But the only thing I can say is, that you start with the schematic first. I assume you will need to design a multilayer PCB if you want to accommodate a lot of components in a very small PCB.
By teletypeguy1
Hi:
I am also looking to build a custom board using a micromod-stm (initially, since code is ported). I have oodles of various stm products in the wild, but ya' can't get sh@# in the way of chips these days, my personal stash of chips has dried up and my mouser back orders went from 53 weeks expected (when placed many months ago) to "will advise," which is absurd. I used black pills to great advantage on a recent project, and the micromod will save my butt on the next one. So thanks sparkfun.

Anyway, I wonder if anyone has made their own board? Any tips or advice on layout or assembly? I have done lots of 0.5mm stuff, so that doesn't bother me, and the socket has registration pins for npth, so socket should be straightforward. The mounting standoff is a pretty big thermal mass -- what is the best reflow profile for that beast?

Any tips appreciated. thx, gil
 Topic permissions

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum