SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

Have questions about SparkFun's ALC PCB design services? Post them here!
By Munyua44
hello
I have a PCB that am working with. I have been using the PCB to power my electric cattle and it has been working so well for the last few months. currently, it is failing me because of overheating in the process. It starts running well but after some time it is overheating. The capacitors and the resistors lead to overheating. What might be the problem?
By paulvha
check your power supply. Maybe de voltage is not as good DC (direct current) as you expect it to be. There could be spikes, there could be a rimple due to a faulty diode, or too high as a result. Capacitors getting warm is not a good sign, they should not get warm.
By Munyua44
paulvha wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 10:41 am check your power supply. Maybe de voltage is not as good DC (direct current) as you expect it to be. There could be spikes, there could be a rimple due to a faulty diode, or too high as a result. Capacitors getting warm is not a good sign, they should not get warm.
thank you paul. I just replaced the diode in my power supply and my kettle is now working well. I think the diode had blown out.
 Topic permissions

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum