I am exploring the Sparkfun Artemis Openlog. This is a nice piece of hardware that can be suitable for research. So far I see it should be possible to write own dedicated firmware.
Currently, some development is started using the nRF MicroMod processor board. However, I like to move to the Sparkfun Artemis Openlog.
In the research project, I use an extra IMU sensor (using a Qwiic connection), this IMU is currently not supported by the OpenLog. So extra code needs to be written. Besides this, code will be developed and deployed to run machine learning inference on the board and a BLE communication will be established to send - depending on the mode of operation - the inference outcome or IMU data to an external device (PC, SBC, ...).
- are there any requirements that I need to take into account? Especially for the BLE stuff.
- is BLE on the Artemis OpenLog roadmap? If yes, is any release date planned?
- what is the best approach mbed or SDK?
- is Arduino (using platformIO) possible (ex. BLE part)? If yes, then this will open the way for student projects.
- Is it better to do the development on the Artemis DK and deploy the code on the Openlog Artemis?
- potential showstoppers, bottlenecks?
All feedback is welcome.