SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

Discussions about processor boards have here!
By toneware
I have an ESP-32 module in a Weather Carrier board. So far, I have not been able to run even the simplest example sketch. After figuring out that I have to hold the boot button to connect (and asking myself why this is even a thing and why is it not mentioned anywhere in the setup page), I am now stuck on the "Leaving... Hard Resetting Via RTS Pin" rabbit hole.

I followed the directions and am still unable to run a sketch on my device. I've uploaded screenshots of the IDE Board settings as well as the output of the upload process.

I have successfully used MCU boards to send data via MQTT over Wifi, so I'm pretty confident that my toolset is working.

Please advise.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
By sterretje
That seems to be normal for ESP 'stuff'. Just getting started with Wemos )ESP8266) and have observed the same. Board with uploaded code however does what it's supposed to do.
By avsteele
I'm using the single function main board and ESP32 processor.

I too was stymied by the need to hold the boot button. This is actually a pretty big problem! It means I can't change the code in the field without "hands on" the board.

I am not experiencing any issue with reset however. The Arduino IDE says "Hard resetting via RTS pin..." as its last line, but the new sketch seems to being running after this.

I haven't tried your fix yet, but thanks @cdwilson for your issue/photo about the reset pin.
 Topic permissions

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum