SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

Hardware or product specific questions are best asked here.
By mysparkfun71451
When I originally got my redboard artemis I could use the "Upload" function within the Arduino IDE to upload programs, with the "SparkFun Variable Loader" selected for bootloader . Recently I compiled and installed (using "make") the "tensorflow_micro_speech" example within the "redboard_artemis\examples" folder. While this did load that example onto the board, I can no longer upload programs using the Arduino IDE "Upload" function and the SVL bootloader option. I got the message "COM7 is currently open. Please close any other terminal programs that may be using COM7 and try again." even though no other programs were running. When I selected the "Ambiq Secure Bootloader" option, programs would load. However, upon switching back to the SVL option I now get these error msgs:

Artemis SVL Bootloader

error receiving packet

unknown error
Upload failed

I'm guessing that the example "makefile" replaced the native bootloader, which I think is "artemis_svl", with "bootloader_asb" or else damaged it," . I have no idea as to where to find the native bootloader or how to reinstall it.
By mysparkfun71451
I found the answer. From the Arduino IDE Tools menu, click the "Programmer:" button and select "Ambiq Secure Bootloader" and then click the "Burn Bootloader" button. After a couple of upload complete messages the SVL bootloader is back in action. Apparently the SVL bootloader gets overwritten anytime the ASB bootloader is used to load a program. This applies to programs loaded using the Ambiq SDK and will occur for many of the examples that are provided within the SDK.
 Topic permissions

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]