SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

Questions &/or issues related to products in the Environment category should be posted in this forum. Includes Air Quality, Altitude, Atmospheric & barometric pressure, Combo boards & other, Temperature & humidity, etc.
User avatar
By gerlbaum

I am looking for some help. I have a pressure sensor that measures 0psi to 15psi. It outputs between 0.5v (0 psi) DC to 4.5v (15 psi) DC. I would like to invert the signal to 0.5v DC to measure 15 psi and 4.5v DC to measure 0 psi. From what I've been reading the past 2 weeks I need an inverting opamp. That search lead me to sparksfun. Most of what I am reading is honestly beyond my ability to understand. I found a few opamp breakouts but I am not sure if they would work.

Is there something available on Sparksfun I can buy that would invert my signal as posted above?

I appreciate any and all help. Thank you.
User avatar
By TS-Chris
Unfortunately we don't have a product made specifically to do what you're looking for, but Op-Amps would be the easiest way to go.

Sadly I don't have a schematic for what you want to build but what you're looking for is called a 'unity gain inverting amplifier.' A google search for that term should turn up a diagram and parts list that will work for you. :-)