My board however will not do anything besides rapidly flash the blue LED when power is applied. The hookup guide has no further information on function checking or troubleshooting this situation.
I managed to find this https://codelabs.developers.google.com/ ... sorflow/#1 which gives a bit more info. Summary:
- Apply power via serial adapter or battery, board will flash blue LED and begin listening
- "YES" will light yellow LED. "NO" will light red LED. Unknown speech = green LED, no speech detected = no LEDs lit.
- If the board doesn't respond, a variety of steps should be taken such as:
- Double check battery polarity (blue LED will flash if power is OK)
- Reduce background noise
- Hold board about 10" away from mouth
- Repeat YES in quick succession. e.g. try saying "yes yes yes"
Can anyone give me any tips on function checks or other troubleshooting steps for the basic, built-in firmware? I had no immediate plans for development work with the board, but I was going to play with its simple ability to detect YES and NO as-is.