SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

By Microsat
Just received Qwiic Transparent Graphical OLED Breakout and the ESP32 Thing Plus was going through the Transparent Graphical OLED Breakout Hookup Guide.

Couple of things the links to the SparkFun_Transparent_Graphical_OLED_Breakout_Libraries.zip get you 404 Not Found.
(Looks like all the links to zip are brocken)

Example 1: DisplayTest
I getting this error when I try to complie/run Example1_DisplayTest

Arduino: 1.8.9 (Windows 10), Board: "Adafruit ESP32 Feather, 80MHz, 921600, None"

Build options changed, rebuilding all
In file included from C:\Users\micro\Documents\Arduino\libraries\SparkFun_HyperDisplay_Library\src/hyperdisplay.h:39:0,

from C:\Users\micro\Documents\Arduino\libraries\SparkFun_HyperDisplay_SSD1309_Arduino_Library\src/HyperDisplay_SSD1309.h:19,

from C:\Users\micro\Documents\Arduino\libraries\SparkFun_HyperDisplay_Transparent_Grahical_OLED_Library\src/HyperDisplay_UG2856KLBAG01.h:19,

from C:\Users\micro\Documents\Arduino\libraries\SparkFun_HyperDisplay_Transparent_Grahical_OLED_Library\examples\Example1_DisplayTest\Example1_DisplayTest.ino:36:

C:\Users\micro\Documents\Arduino\libraries\SparkFun_HyperDisplay_Library\src/util/font5x7.h:22:26: fatal error: avr/pgmspace.h: No such file or directory

compilation terminated.

exit status 1
Error compiling for board Adafruit ESP32 Feather.

This report would have more information with
"Show verbose output during compilation"
option enabled in File -> Preferences.

Ok what did I miss?

Micro
Hi Micro,

The 404 errors were most likely related to a site outage last week but they should all be working now. From your error, it looks like you are missing one or more of the HyperDisplay libraries or they were installed improperly. I would try deleting and then re-installing the three HyperDisplay libraries manually by downloading them from their GitHub repositories:
Then after you download those zip files, unzip them and move them to your Arduino/Libraries folder. On Windows, this is usually in your "Documents" folder. One thing that I have seen in the past when unzipping these downloads is they will create a second sub-folder with the same name (eg. there will be a two folders named "SparkFun_HyperDisplay-master") so just make sure that when you open the master library folder, it opens directly to the examples, src, and other folders/files and does not have a second master folder with those inside it.

I hope this helps you get these examples working and is not too confusing regarding manually installing them. If you're still having issues compiling the example sketches, let me know and we can troubleshoot further.