SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

Everything ARM and LPC
By JJ
Anyone know what to do with the KEY signal on a 10 pin connector? I've seen suggestions it can just be grounded, but I'm concerned this might short out a programmer. (I use a Flyswatter 2 with OpenOCD)

In the past I've used 20 and 14 pin JTAG but would like to reduce it to 10 to save board space (without going Tag-Connect) and fall in line with current recommendations.

This is for an LPC4078. Three options I can think of:

* Leave it floating
* Ground it
* Connect it to P2.10, the ISP enable pin (which currently has a weak 100k pullup on my board since I don't ever use the boot ROM).

I have a vague suspicion it's really intended for the third option... but if NOT and I connect it there it could make the board get stuck in the ISP on boot.

I can't seem to find ANY documentation discussing this...

Anyone know?
Will OpenOCD ever use it?
Is it electrically connected when adapted to a 20 pin programmer like the Flyswatter 2?
By JJ
Also, I'm concerned if it's an ISP enable it would be held high unless trying to enter ISP. If I ground it this would not be so great and might cause the programmer to shutdown on overload if it shorts (FT2232R I believe is what the FS2 uses, not sure if it's buffered).
By JJ
Looking at the schematic for the Olimex 20-to-10 adapter, they run this through an unpopulated resistor, so I guess I can just ground it. (That's the adapter I use.)

What about GNDDetect? Another pin to just ground?
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]