SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

Have questions about a SparkFun product or board? This is the place to be.
By rguyb
Hi, I have a problem with my Wav Trigger board ,when I have set the Low power option to 1min, or any time, and have the Audio amp power option selected after going into low power , when waking up, the onboard amp does not work, however the triggers are working and if I plug in some headphones , I can hear the soundtracks. If I repower then it will work again. If I disable the Low power option then no problem! What am I overlooking ?
By robertsonics
Could be a bug - not many folks have used the low power option. What version of firmware are you running?
By rguyb
I will have to get some gear to enable me to communicate with the board, currently just using a SD card for the .ini and tracks. Any other way of checking the firmware version?
By robertsonics
I'm not seeing this behavior. The audio amp / speaker works fine for me after coming out of low power mode. More specifics? How long are you leaving it in low power down mode before waking it up? What trigger are you using to wake it up? How are you powering the WAV Trigger? Are you seeing this on more than one WAV Trigger?
By rguyb
Just leave it for a couple seconds after going into low power mode then I am using any of the first 8 triggers to try to wake it up but none of them will wake it up. I am powering the board with 5V D.C onto the Vin and GND situated between the SD and power socket.
By robertsonics
You're powering the WAV Trigger incorrectly, and that may be the problem. Vin feeds the input of an onboard 5V regulator, and therefore needs to be more than 5V. With only 5V input, the regulator may not be working properly. According to the hookup guide, the minimum Vin should be 6V. Since you're using the on-board audio amp, which can draw a lot of current, I suggest a Vin of between 6V and 9V - any higher and the 5V regulator will likely get very hot.

Alternately, you can bypass the onboard 5V regulator by supplying regulated 5V to the "5Vin" pin on the serial connector, but you also need to close the solder jumper located just below the speaker connector. Refer to the schematic for details.