SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

Have questions about a SparkFun product or board? This is the place to be.
By jaegerh
When I power up my Blynk Board the red power LED comes on but the RGB LED remains off and the board does not broadcast a wifi signal. The board used to work correctly. Is there a way to force a reset to factory standard? Anything else I can do, or is this a lost cause?

Thanks
Herbert
By Valen
What happened to it after it worked correctly?

How do you have it powered? USB? Lipo battery? The Startup Guide suggests that when only connected to USB power the RGB led should randomly flicker. And eventually blink with colored status-codes. Unless you reprogrammed it with different Arduin-ized ESP8266 code. If the RGB led doesn't show any signs of life then it is likely defective. Have you measured any voltage on the pins of the RGB led after turning it on. Maybe only the led is defective. Unlikely, but with only the power-led going on things are desperate. If no voltages are are generated (anywhere) to make this happen it is somehow defective.
By jaegerh
Thanks for your input. Did some test, measured voltage on RGB led and determined it is not dead. Turns out someone monkeyed around with the board and reprogrammed it with the Arduino IDE. I determined I can use the zebra widget to run through the RGB colors, and use a button widget, and I'm learning a bunch of other things, so that is all good. The thing I haven't figured out is that: is there a way to upload the original SparkFun code with which the board came?
By jaegerh
Thanks, that gets me one step closer. I looked at the code and recognize some of the elements from the original setup, but there are several files and it is not clear how they go together. Thanks for getting me that far. I will see if Tech Support will help.