SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

Have questions about a SparkFun product or board? This is the place to be.
By jcasanova
Hi everyone,

I have 1 SAMD21 Mini Breakout and 1 SAMD21 Mini Breakout boards. They work perfect if I use them with Windows 10 and Arduino IDE 1.8.3 and older versions without problems.

I need to use them with Linux and I have a problem if I try to upload a code using Ubuntu 16.04.3 and Arduino IDE 1.8.3:
Code: Select all
processing.app.debug.RunnerException
	at cc.arduino.packages.uploaders.SerialUploader.uploadUsingPreferences(SerialUploader.java:160)
	at cc.arduino.UploaderUtils.upload(UploaderUtils.java:78)
	at processing.app.SketchController.upload(SketchController.java:713)
	at processing.app.SketchController.exportApplet(SketchController.java:686)
	at processing.app.Editor$DefaultExportHandler.run(Editor.java:2149)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
Caused by: processing.app.SerialException: Error usando el puerto "/dev/ttyACM0"
	at processing.app.Serial.touchForCDCReset(Serial.java:99)
	at cc.arduino.packages.uploaders.SerialUploader.uploadUsingPreferences(SerialUploader.java:144)
	... 5 more
Caused by: jssc.SerialPortException: Port name - /dev/ttyACM0; Method name - openPort(); Exception type - Port busy.
	at jssc.SerialPort.openPort(SerialPort.java:164)
	at processing.app.Serial.touchForCDCReset(Serial.java:93)
	... 6 more
I have tried with older versions of Ubuntu and Arduino IDE but I have not solved the problem. Any one has experience with this? How can I solve this?

Thanks and regards.

Jorge
By jcasanova
Hi!

I bought an Adafruit Feather M0 Basic Proto to test if the problem persist... and yes, I had the same problem. But I have solved it following this guide:

https://learn.adafruit.com/adafruit-fea ... -issue-fix

Now the Adafruit Feather M0 works with Linux but I still have the problem with Sparkfun SAMD21 Mini/Dev Breakout boards.

Do you know how to solve it?

Thanks.

Regards

Jorge