SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

Have questions about a SparkFun product or board? This is the place to be.
By johnelle
This is cross posted from the Shapeoko forum...

I just installed the Carbide3D homing kit which doesn't come with the Sparkfun machine. Switches are in place and wired. The limit switch LEDs are lit whenever I press the high limit of X-Y-Z. Following the directions from Carbide I tried setting the $22 parameter but as Carbide support pointed out to me this setting is not "taking" in the Shapeoko controller so when I call for a home I get an alarm back (after it moves the Z up). The Motion log shows that that $22 is not set. I have tried setting via Carbide Motion (with and without the /) and setting via the UGS "Settings" menu. With UGS the setting appears to be set to "1" but if I issue a $H I get an alarm and then when I go back to the settings list $22 is now 0.

Carbide support wants me to run an EEPROMClear sketch and then reenter the defaults which scares me to death.

No response from Sparkfun (usually takes them more than a day to respond).

Any suggestions about how to get the Stepoko controller to behave normally? I really want to get this HOME think working. Can't really use the machine with the control box opened up.
By cjbaar
I had a similar issue getting the homing to work. I am using cheap switches from Amazon (not the carbide kit). When I first connected them, the switches were being ignored for some reason. There is a small switch in the upper-right corner of the board (when mounted) that reverses the polarity of the homing switches. I had to move this switch one direction and then back to where it started and suddenly the switches were recognized. Don't understand why this did anything, but it helped.
By Ivanflo
I struggled to find much information on this as well.

After installing my carbide homing switches the orange lights on the stepoko board would come on when I pressed the switches.

When attempting homing in carbide motion nothing would happen, or the z axis would move slightly.

What I had to do was to flick a small switch on the stepoko board near the power socket to reverse the polarity for the limit switches. In fractal terms, all three axis limit switch orange lights are on and turn off when they are pressed.

This immediately solves homing issues for me