SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

Have questions about a SparkFun product or board? This is the place to be.
By JosephMarkman
I came across your light pipe products with clear and white cores, Light Pipe - White Core (3.5mm, 1' long) PRT-10693 and Light Pipe - Clear Core (3mm, 1' long) PRT-10697, and they look perfect for our application. However the part has been retired and no similar product can be found in your current offerings. Do you not supply this type of product any longer? Do you know of any suppliers who still carry these products? We are very excited for this product but you are no longer offering it or anything remotely like it.
By lyndon
JosephMarkman wrote:I came across your light pipe products with clear and white cores, Light Pipe - White Core (3.5mm, 1' long) PRT-10693 and Light Pipe - Clear Core (3mm, 1' long) PRT-10697, and they look perfect for our application. However the part has been retired and no similar product can be found in your current offerings. Do you not supply this type of product any longer? Do you know of any suppliers who still carry these products? We are very excited for this product but you are no longer offering it or anything remotely like it.
You can find cast acrylic rod that will work fairly well in that application. I have a few dozen feet of plastic optical fiber, but it's only about 1mm diameter.