SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

General project discussion / help
Did you make a robotic coffee pot which implements HTCPCP and decafs unauthorized users? Show it off here!
By Gegenschein
I am in need of general advice related to a wearable device project I have in mind.

A bit of background: I have a terrible/non-existent sense of time. It has often gotten me in trouble as it makes me work slowly and get spaced out. I had an idea that if I had a device that beeps at me once a minute, it would help me get an idea of how much time I'm taking to complete tasks.

I have two possible routes I could take with this. First, an earpiece that has a tiny speaker that beeps. Second, a wrist device with a haptic motor that taps my wrist. I'm favoring the second idea, as I could make a watch out of it. Either way, it needs to run for at least 8 hours on a charge, beeping/tapping once a minute the whole time.

What I would like advice in, is what type of controller should I use? There are a number of USB stick sized Arduino things in the store that look like they may do the job, but I have no experience with Arduino. Any advice you could give would be appreciated!