SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

Have questions about a SparkFun product or board? This is the place to be.
By wmaalouli
Hi.
Are all the analog inputs on the weather shield used? I'm trying to use a TIP36 temperature sensor with it using one of the analog pins but I'm getting wrong values. I tried all 6 pins with similar results. This is not an issue when the shield is not in place.
By wmaalouli
I'll answer my own question. The weather shield utilizes all 6 analog inputs on the Arduino, so that precludes using anything else with these pins unless one forgoes some sensor availability.
I opted instead to use a single wire temperature sensor (DS18B20) with one of the free digital pins.
It might help to have that kind of information in the description page for the future.
By wmaalouli
darrellg wrote:You could also have used a multiplexer to select between multiple analog inputs using one analog input and some digital outputs. The article at http://playground.arduino.cc/Learning/4051 describes how to do so.
Thanks for the tip. That actually might come in real handy in the future. It certainly would work with the Sparkfun weather shield, but I will need to rewire one of the sensors analog input to the multiplexer (or more if I needed more anolog inputs) and cut some traces on the shield.
By DocWu
If you don't need the power/voltage input you could cut a trace and use A3.

Or you could find an I2C temperature sensor.