SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

Have questions about a SparkFun product or board? This is the place to be.
By phartle
So i am looking to build a fun diy range to use with our air rifle. I came across this article which lead me to this website. http://www.instructables.com/id/Arduino ... ct-Sensor/ I would like to adapt this project to make pop up targets that will go down when hit. I will use pneumatic actuators to lift the targets, and this above mentioned vibration sensor to make them go down. What I need to figure out is how i can create a program ( and the hardware) that I could link 10-12 targets that will pop up in a prearrange sequence. I understand the pneumatics and how to wire the solenoids, just need to figure out the electronic components. The targets can either be hardwired to the "controller" or better yet be wireless. Anybody know of any good resources or articles that could help this newbie find his way?
By jremington
The electromechanical part is the hard part.

Build one target that can go up and down (potentially) under computer control and 98% of the problem is solved. Let us know how you did it, and forum members can provide more specific help.