SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

Have questions about a SparkFun product or board? This is the place to be.
By Zwick
I have two Sparkfun wireless joystick kits. One is soldered together with XBee and 400mAh Lipo with resistor and the R_PROG jumped with solder. I do see three pads between the R_PROG and 500mA that is printed on the board, are all supposed to be soldered together?

I have Arduino IDE 1.6.11, with Arduino board definitions (ARM cortex-M0+) version 1.6.9 and Sparkfun SAMD boards (dependency: Arduino SAMD Boards 1.6.9) version 1.3.2 installed.
First, you’ll need to install a variety of tools, including low-level ARM Cortex libraries full of generic code, arm-gcc to compile your code, and bossa to upload over the bootloader. These tools come packaged along with Arduino’s SAMD board definitions for the Arduino Zero.
I don't need to go to the other sites for anything right? its all in the Arduino's SAMD definitions.

I have downloaded and extracted the windows device drivers to my desktop per the SAMD21 Mini/Dev Breakout HookUp guide.

I plugged in the soldered board first and found "Other Devices". This is where all goes down hill. I just can't get the device manager to install the drivers no matter what I do. I see it on the Ports and in "Other Devices" the Ports drivers do install the drivers but not the "Other Devices".

I went ahead and tried the unsoldered Wireless joystick kit without anything done to board and I get the same errors. No change.

I also tried to open the Arduino IDE and upload the code. It compiles, I can select the COM port but there is no name next to the Port: COM12 like I seen in the guide. I have the board selected so I am missing something?

with Verbose on, the code compiles and tries to force reset using 1200bps open/close on port COM12. Following that I see several attempts and a statement "Uploading using selected port: COM12 then a very long file path name:
C:Users\Bill\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\arduino\tools\bossac.exe -I -d --port=com12 -U true -I -e -w -v C:\Users\Bill~1\AppData\Local\Temp\builda48f29dc.(a bunch more numbers here) .tmp/Spardkfun_Joystick.ino.bin -R.

Then in red text I see
Set binary mode
Send auto-baud
Set binary mode
No device found on COM12

Any help is good help.
By Zwick
Thanks to everyone. I was able to finally get the drivers to install and upload the code. Now, its build time. :dance: