SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

Have questions about a SparkFun product or board? This is the place to be.
By Uncle Rollo
Sorry if this an amateur question, but is it possible to make this (SparkFun 9DoF Razor IMU M0
SEN-14001) a wireless unit with a lipo and a Bluetooth or other such device? If so, what are the connections? Wanting to make a wireless head tracker for PC games like flying and driving.

Thanks

Uncle Rollo
By Uncle Rollo
Still trying to learn about how these things work. Looking at the labels, would the connections be as follows using the Razor IMU MO and a Bluetooth Mate Silver:

Razor IMU Mo ----> Bluetooth Mate Silver
GND ---> GND
3v3 ---> VCC
TX ---> RX
RX ---> TX

What does the RTS0 and CTS I get wired to? Are they needed? Would this then be wireless to a computer paired by Bluetooth using a USB mini module?

Thanks

Rollo
By aadebiyi
Hello,

I am also trying to connect the M0 wirelessly. It seems like it is only those four pins that need to be connected, however no data is coming through.

Have you had any luck with connecting it?

Thanks.
By Uncle Rollo
I have not. I was hoping someone else would try it first before I took the plunge. I'm a total novice to this so I didn't want to be first. Hope someone can figure it out. It would be a neat setup.

Rollo
By Valen
If you want help then you have to show a bit more information how you have things hooked up and powered from where. Also, have you tried to use each device on it's own connected to a pc? Did it need special settings or commands to get it working?
By Fold
Ive got the IMU M0 and I'm trying to get it to talk through a Bluetooth Mate Gold. I get all the sensor data I want when I connect direct via USB, but nothing when connecting via bluetooth. I have bluetooth wired up as per previous post (gnd to gnd, V to V, TX to RX, RX to TX)- baud rate matching, I get connection but no data comes through. I found this post on Sparkfun help:
"——————– Tech Support Tips/Troubleshooting/Common Issues ——————–

Serial Output through Hardware UART pins

The default test code does not output serial data automatically to the hardware Tx and Rx pins. "

Link and full post here:
https://learn.sparkfun.com/tutorials/9d ... f7608b4567

Anybody know what I need to change in the default test code to get the UART TX and RX pins to mirror the output sent via USB serial interface?

Cheers!

~Fold
By paulrbarnard
Change the default port that is used for logging as per the header file

#define ENABLE_UART_LOGGING true
// Select the Serial port to log to. Either SERIAL_PORT_USBVIRTUAL
// or LOG_PORT SERIAL_PORT_HARDWARE (SerialUSB or Serial1)
#define LOG_PORT SERIAL_PORT_USBVIRTUAL

You need to change the last line above to
#define LOG_PORT SERIAL_PORT_HARDWARE
By paulrbarnard
In addition to my previous reply which swaps the port. If you want to mirror the data find these lines in the code

if (enableSerialLogging) // If serial port logging is enabled
LOG_PORT.print(imuLog); // Print log line to serial port

and add the following line right after it
LOG_PORT SERIAL_PORT_HARDWARE.print(imuLog); // Print log line to serial port
By paulrbarnard
paulrbarnard wrote:In addition to my previous reply which swaps the port. If you want to mirror the data find these lines in the code

if (enableSerialLogging) // If serial port logging is enabled
LOG_PORT.print(imuLog); // Print log line to serial port

and add the following line right after it
LOG_PORT SERIAL_PORT_HARDWARE.print(imuLog); // Print log line to serial port
Silly cut and paste error. The line should be
SERIAL_PORT_HARDWARE.print(imuLog); // Print log line to serial port
By saeed10ev
Dear paulrbarnard ,
I have tried my best to acquire the data output from serial port, as you discussed in your post but i could not acquire the data. can you please send me the code which i will burn it in my Razor imu mo to make it wireless by using blue toothmate gold.
Thnx alot if you can help me in this regards