SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

Open source ARM Debugger
By VioletGiraffe
Hello,

I'm using the GNU ARM plugin for Eclipse with OpenOCD as a debugger. This is on Windows 10 x64. The problem I'm facing is the following error when trying to debug or run the sample program:
Error in final launch sequence
Failed to execute MI command:
load C:\\Development\\stm32-test\\Debug\\stm32-test.elf
Error message from debugger back end:
Load failed
Failed to execute MI command:
load C:\\Development\\stm32-test\\Debug\\stm32-test.elf
Error message from debugger back end:
Load failed
Load failed
There are several kinds of STM32 project templates that the ARM plugin offers. Most notably, there's the "STM32Fxxx C/C++ project", and it works out of the box no problem. But it's bundled with the old version of STM32 library. I wanted to use the latest STM32F3Cube, so I used the other template - "Hello World ARM Cortex-M C/C++ project", as per the recommendation of this article. It's designed for use with the STM32F3Cube, and it's the one I can't load onto the board.

Please tell me what further information is needed for dealing with this issue, or how I can collect more detailed logs etc. I'm in urgent need of a working project skeleton.
Thanks in advance.

P. S. I have compared the debug configuration settings between the working and non-working projects, and found no difference. Same .cfg file, along with everything else. Is my .elf being rejected because there's something wrong with it?