SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

Have questions about a SparkFun product or board? This is the place to be.
By bhendy
I have just got a IOIO and am trying to get the first demo app going. I am close - but...

I hope this is the right place for IOIO questions??

I have Processing set up, the latest libs downloaded etc. The quickstart demo compiles and is running on my Nexus 7 tablet, but it is not talking to the IOIO.

The instructions say "It will just look like a black screen until your IOIO is connected." but I am seeing the red screen with the black square while the tablet is still connected to my PC.

I then unplug the PC and plug in the IOIO, via the OTG cable.

The IOIO is already powered up with the power supply - the red power light is on.

Plugging in the IOIO appears to do nothing ... the LED doesn't flash and the app on the tablet is static with a black square in the middle.

Any suggestions appreciated.
By bhendy
Well I sorted this - with a critical unlisted requirement.

To develop and load the program onto the tablet it must be in Debug mode. It will compile without errors but not work otherwise.

Then to run the program and get the IOIO to talk to the tablet - debugging mode has to be turned off.

Well that is what is working for me. Seems like a real pain. IS this really necessary? If so - it should be in the beginners guide!