SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

Have questions about a SparkFun product or board? This is the place to be.
By TechsIQ
Hey folks i need a little guidance on a project. My plan is to do an internal bluetooth mod on one of my headphones. I wanted to get full functionality like volume up and down,forward, backwards and pause. I purchase another generic 6 pin tact switch hoping to wire it to my bluetooth receiver but it seems like the receiver have an individual ground for each tact switch button. Just wondering if the sparkfun 5 way tact switch ( BOB-11187 ) was different and any info on the project will be appreciated.
By Ross Robotics
TechsIQ wrote:the receiver have an individual ground for each tact switch button.
That is unlikely given how you worded it. Do yo mean when a contact is grounded, it does it's function? What Bluetooth module do you have? You can connect each switch contact with it's function and have one ground..
By TechsIQ
codlink wrote:
TechsIQ wrote:the receiver have an individual ground for each tact switch button.
That is unlikely given how you worded it. Do yo mean when a contact is grounded, it does it's function? What Bluetooth module do you have? You can connect each switch contact with it's function and have one ground..

Yes i think i meant when a contact is grounded. The 6pin tact switch have a common ground for the 5 directions but on the bluetooth receiver ( Jumbl™ Bluetooth Receiver ) the common ground of the 5way switch is not working between the all five switches.

I also wire each switch (example...vol up and gnd->5way switch up and common gnd) individually and it works perfectly but as soon as i add more than one switch ( example...vol up and gnd/ vol down and gnd->5way switch up, down and common gnd ) the receiver functions stop working.
By Ross Robotics
Are you connecting the second switch in series or parallel? If you connect it in series, you have to press both switches for it to work. You need to wire them in parallel.
By TechsIQ
codlink wrote:Are you connecting the second switch in series or parallel? If you connect it in series, you have to press both switches for it to work. You need to wire them in parallel.
Not sure exactly what you mean. Can you elaborate?