SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

Have questions about a SparkFun product or board? This is the place to be.
By pyromanci
So I recently got a Logomatic v2 and a USB Power Gauge from Adafruit. I soldered on a header pins to both.

I have 16GB PNY microSDHC Class 10 UHS-1 card that I was not using it. So i reformatted it to FAT32 and plugged it into the Logomatic. I then connected my 3.7v 4400mah lipoly testing battery to the logomatic. I then turned it on.

Now according the Hookup Guide " The LEDs will blink reassuringly then go quiet.". Sadly it doesn't say which LEDs, but I can guess it's the STAT0 and STAT1 LEDs it's talking about. When I turned it on the only LED that lite up was the USB LED. I figured at this point something must be up, but could also have been revision issue with the hookup guide, so I continued on. I turned the unit off and plugged in the USB. When I plugged in the USB the charge LED lite up.

When I turned the Unit on again the USB LED lite up. So At this point the charge LED and the USB LED are both on and the STAT0 and STAT1 LEDs did nothing. When the computer finally recognized the SD card it was empty. No LOGCON.txt or LOG0.txt.

I repeated the whole process of reformatting the SD and booting it up with out the USB connected and the with the USB connected. Still no Log files and the only LED that turned on were the USB and Charge LED. I then turned it off and let the battery charge up for a few hours and then tired again. No go everything happened the same all over.

So i created LOGCON.txt and LOG0.txt files manually and turned the unit off and unplugged the USB. I then Connected the GND pin on the usb power gauge out to the GND pin on the logomatic near the USB plug. Then i connected the TX pin from the power gauge to the RXI1. I then turned on the logomatic and waited about minute and then plugged something into the power gauge. I watched the LED on the power do their work and let teh whole thing sit for a minute. Then turned the logomatic off and disconnected the power gauge. I then pluged the USB back into the logomatic. When sadly nothing was logged. So I checked power gauge to make sure it was printing data out the serial connection like it should be and it is.

So my question is did I possibly get a bad logomatic?