SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

Questions relating to designing PCBs
By Valen
If you look in the datasheet of similar buzzers on the manufacturer site you'll see that it needs a square wave to get it into swing:

http://www.islproducts.com/products/buz ... etail.html

p.s. Since a square wave is just a sine wave of the base frequency with an infinite sum of odd harmonics I'm sure supplying just a single sine-wave will do to. Guessing/judging by the partnumber a frequency around 4100 Hz.
By CJnis
no way to do this without a transistor or external components. Its for a power board and i have no room for external components really.
By Valen
Was that a question or a statement?

Then you have to find buzzers that are self-resonating/self-driving. You can make a flipflop squarewave oscilator out of 2 transistors, capacitors and resistors. But I guess this takes up precious board-space you don't have.
By CJnis
I guess kinda both lol. Thanks for the reply. I have been trying to source some that are self driving 5vdc non magnetic and loud enough plus no bigger then 12mm in diameter. Lastly at under1.00 each since i will need about 500 of them. Its proving to be a tough find. The couple i have found havent been loud enough and are magnetic. Since they will be kinda close to a magnetomitor a magnetic buzzer wouldnt be too great. The smallest amount of componants iv seen for external drive is a transitor,resistor and inductor but that would still be too much components for this particular project. Its very tight even putting a self drive.

ill keep looking though for a self drive that meets my needs. Thanks