SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

Questions relating to designing PCBs
By TokTok
Hi all,

I’m aware this must be a well covered topic on forums but having read a lot of links I seem to be stuck. Essentially I've got my brd file which I routed using a combination of manual routing and using the auto-router. I have a couple of remaining airwires and I’m wondering the best way to get rid of them/complete the connections joined by an airwire.

Here are the sch and brd files:
SCH AND BRD.zip
NOTE: Since I have defined a "GND" polygon on both the top and the bottom layer over the whole board, the traces called "GND" are not routed, as it is already connected when loading the GND polygons but it is on some of the GND pins that I have remaining airwires.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Regards,
Alex.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
By Ross Robotics
The airwires are basically islands in the GND pour. You need to move components around or use GND vias to connect these islands. To use vias, name the vias GND.

I have attached your Eagle files with the GND island on IC2 corrected for an example. Note, that you need to use GND vias over the area of the board to make the route to ground as short as possible.

Also, the auto-router doesn't do a good job. Example is it uses 90 degree corners. It's not good practice. Use 45 degree bends in traces.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.