SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

All things pertaining to wireless and RF links
By barak8
Hello all,
I bought a xbee wifi moudle and I am trying to connect to my home wifi network.
The XCTU finds my home network and manages to connect (the xbee gets a IP address).

But when I am trying to send or recive any data it just dont send(or recive).
I think it has to do with the settings.
I upload all my xbee options as a picture.
Thank you!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
By Valen
barak8 wrote:...
But when I am trying to send or recive any data it just dont send(or recive)....
I will not imply that I know anything about this kind of XBee. But it might be important to explain further how you do this. Is this from any connected microcontroller, or via an external website, or how else?

Just helping to get as many information out in the open so others (that do know) can help better.

[EDIT] From a network point of view (of which I have more knowledge), what IP adres and other settings does it get from your DHCP server. I suspect it will be from your home-network router. So what IP-adres, subnetmask, gateway and DNS-adres does it get? Usually the router has a list of all responding devices on your network. Atleast a MAC adress of it.
By barak8
As I said, I am using XCTU for controlling the module.
As I look on the home network map I can see my device with the ip address he got from the routher(and I see his MAC), so the module is connected to the home network. But I cant send or recive requests.

I send request from the XCTU and fiddler on my pc.

Thank you.
By stevech
This is not (yet?) a widely used product - so you might also try the Digi user forum and/or Digi phone tech support.. they're good.

Since DHCP works and it gets an IP address, the SSID and encryption key settings are OK.