SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

All things pertaining to wireless and RF links
By Renee
I have two series one xbees one will transmit three analog signals and the other will receive them to be used in an arduino program. I have seen in tutorials and other projects that there is no configuration needed for series one xbees so I was just wondering if that's also true for sending analog signals as well.
By Renee
From what I read from the document and saw on different videos I need to use the PWM outputs for analog signals but there are only two. Is there a solution to this or would I be able to use the digital output pins on the receiving side?
By waltr
That is a different question that has a different answer. Yes, there are only two PWM outputs so only tow XBee pins that can output a filtered analog Voltage.
Your original question is:
I have two series one xbees one will transmit three analog signals and the other will receive them to be used in an arduino program.
The way to do this is to have the remote XBee send the ADC values to the local XBee which then sends the ADC data over the serial output to the Ardiuno. There is no good reason to have the XBee output an analog Voltage just to re-digitaize it with the Ardiuno's ADC. This will just introduce addition errors.