SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

Have questions about a SparkFun product or board? This is the place to be.
Hello, I just purchased a SIK 3.1 and am very excited to start playing with it. I'm an old guy looking to learn about electronics. I connected the Redboard to my Macbook Pro running OSX Mavericks. After downloading and running IDE 1.0.5 I tried to upload Circuit 1 to the Board, but keep getting “Problem Uploading To Board” error. The green “On” light is lit and the blue #13 LED is flashing about once a second. I followed the SIK Guide in reference to installing the software. The Arduino UNO is checked under Tools-Board and the correct dev/tty.usbserialA702U0YF. Powering the Redboard from a 9volt wall wart shows the same blue light flashing, even when it is not connected via the USB. Any idea what I am doing wrong?

I didn't realize the first project would be so hard! :)

Thanks!

Dave
I heard back very quickly from Tech Support (very nice to get such a quick response)

Here is their answer that appears to have solved my problem for anyone else with issues.

Hi there, Dave,

Did you get a chance to install the FTDI drivers? On both 10.8 and 10.9, there's a "store brand" driver for the USB-to-serial chip on the RedBoard, but for some reason it lets the board show up in the list, but doesn't work as well as the "factory" driver from the company that makes the chip.

https://learn.sparkfun.com/tutorials/ho ... di-drivers
Let me know if you took this step already and we'll proceed from there.