SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

Questions relating to designing PCBs
By mb79
I really don't know what it is called in PCB world but I was wondering how to do this. Attached is the picture to better explain what I want done.

https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=E ... oto%2c.JPG

Essentially, I want to create rectangular pads on the top metal layer which are connected to output and ground of a DC/DC converter IC. I want to solder wires to these outputs and take the output to the next circuit.

Any ideas who it gets done in Cadsoft eagle?

Thanks in advance.
Mayank
By skimask
If you've got the Sparkfun library, add an "M01" connector, and join that pad to whatever net you want to hook it up to by right clicking on it, and give it a "name".
By mb79
Thanks for the tip! I downloaded the sparkfun library but I cant find M01 connector. I see M02, 03 etc. Maybe I will have to spin off one of the parts from M02 into a custom device.
By skimask
Go to add a new part, type in *m0* in the search field at the bottom of the window. Will bring up anything and everything that has an m-zero in it.
By Ross Robotics
It's under Sparkfun Connectors > M01. The list is in alphabetical order. Make sure to look at the package in the preview pane on the right to make sure it's a pad. It will also show the size (little measure key at the bottom). Once you add and want to put the pad on the bottom layer, just click "mirror" on the board view.