SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

Questions relating to designing PCBs
By zxm2164
Hi,

This is my first time creating footprints for eagle and I was hoping to get some feedback on the footprint I made for the TI LM5113. It is a small DSBGA package with 12 pins. My biggest concern is that after viewing all layers on the footprint, it appears that what I think is the solder mask is overlapping between each ball. I used the "land pattern recommendation" to create it. The footprint is given below
LM5113DSBGA.PNG
The actual data sheet is image is here:
Land Pattern LM5113.jpg
To summarize, my questions are: 1 - Is it generally ok to use the land pattern recommendation without adding any extra size to smd pad sizes? 2 - Is the overlapping solder mask an issue and if so, what would be the proper way to fix it?

Thanks for any input!!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
By Ross Robotics
1. the land pattern sizes in the datasheet are there for a reason. Use the recommended pattern..
2. If you don't use a ton of solder, then it's ok. The way it is now, you will not have a stop mask between pins which could prevent solder bridges. Right click on the mask and hit properties, change size.