SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

Questions relating to designing PCBs
By ALIYESAMI
I bought this printer HP officejet 8600 Pro , for sole purpose of printing pcb art work , tried few didnt work, looked online and saw a product "HP Inkjet premimium transparencies" product code C3834A but this product is discontinuted and out of stock.

which transparency i can use with this printer which is equally good as C3834A ?

or if anyone can recommend me a printer which is good for this work it will also help and i will dump this printer .

I need to print circuit diagrams for making printed circuit boards and looking for any printer / transparency combination that will do it.
also are laser printers better in making transparencies for pcb work ?

thanks
By yamitenshi
You need a laser printer for PCB work if you want to use the toner transfer method. For photosensitive PCB materials, an inkjet might work, but I'm not sure. I guess any transparent sheet will do, I'd just go cheap and find something else if that doesn't work.
By ALIYESAMI
they have a US distributor but unfortunately they dont carry this product :(
anyone knows of any local brands of transparencies i can use? i am sure many people are using it to make their own pcbs.
By leon_heller
Farnell stocks it in A3 size, and ships to the USA. I cut it to size and stick it to a sheet of A4 paper with a piece of masking tape, to avoid waste.
By Albertwarren
HP and Cannon printers both perform well while i am using it for printing name stickers,PCB artworks. I recently buy it because it was advertised to have a lower cost-per-page than laser printers. I am happy with the quality of the printouts. So i think you don't need to replace your HP printer right now.If you would like to know more about high performance printers and commercial label printing then contact us.