SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

Questions relating to designing PCBs
By Mach3Maelstrom
I've been making my EAGLE parts easily compatible with EagleUp and watched the tutorial videocast from Cadsoft for how to use the new LTspice ULP.

My issue is I'm trying to make a checklist or SOP for making a part from zero to full part in my library while also being fully integrable with EagleUp & LTspice. I just need help on the LTspice part.

The videocast uses devices that were made before the presentation and in a "special" LTspice library, so I don't know how (or if) I can make an LTspice-compatible part in my own personal library from scratch. If anyone's been using this ULP with relative ease for their libraries, please let me know how you typically do this.

Once I learn this, I'll be giving back to the open-source community by creating a complete checklist/tutorial PDF for any newbie/experienced EAGLE users who want to make their EAGLE parts 3-D renderable and set up for easy simulation.

Thanks in advance!
By dschlic1
In general Spice models are very difficult to get right. For most parts I suggest that you see if the manufacturer has models already created for your part. This is not a graphical design,but an operational design. Spice models are really just text files. You can open them in just about any text editor. The "language" is very cryptic. :roll:
By Mach3Maelstrom
Thanks for your response, dschlic1!

I realize I wasn't specific enough in my question. Here, I'm presuming that I have the Spice model for the device -- I'm just not having any luck entering the SpiceOrder numbers for each pin on a device.

If anyone has had luck simply adding these SpiceOrder numbers to devices, please let me know how you've done so. For now, assume that I can get Spice model files from a manufacturer (I'm not asking for how to create one of those).