SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

Questions relating to designing PCBs
By Drbasa
I recently made a custom library of parts for our company. I am having trouble finding a way where I can move both the name of the part and the value. For example: I have a 100K resistor. The name shows up at R1,R2, etc. and then the value underneath shows up as 100K. The problem is I can only move and rotate the name, not the value in the schematic. I have tried to smash and unsmash, but I am having no luck. I want to be able to pick a part from my library and place it and not have to worry about entering the value.

Any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
By Mach3Maelstrom
I'm uncertain what steps you've taken in the past (you didn't say), so I'll throw out a few sanity-check things to try out:
  • The value may not be in the tValues layer. Try re-changing the layer to tValues.
  • The proper command for values is ">VALUE", without quotes. Try using that if you haven't.
  • Don't let the origin of the ">VALUE" text share the origin with the part or any text. This could inhibit your ability to single out the value text.
If those early sanity-checks don't work, would you please take a few screenshots so we could better help you?