SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

Questions relating to designing PCBs
By Drbasa
I use Eagle for all of my schematic and board layouts. I am currently working on building my own parts library for my company so it is easier as we manufacture and expand. As many of you know, making you're own library let alone parts can be very time consuming, so I was looking to hire a couple of people to make parts for me to add to the "master" library. I currently run all of our libraries off the server. The people making these parts for me in Eagle will not always be at the office working on the server. I want to know if there is a way that they could send me individual parts and then I can add them to my library without having to "re-make" the part myself.

More Simply:
-They make the part in their library
-Export the single part and I can then add it into my library
-By running a script of some sort.
-OR: Can they send me their library and I can run a script that will add the parts to the library that aren't already there.

Any help, suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
By UNTEngineer
Quickest way is for them to send you the parts in custom libraries, and then you can just drag and drop those parts into your library. I dont think you can literally export singular parts into individual files.

Dunno if theres a script you can use to bulk transfer a lot of parts. Sounds like drag and drop would be inconvenient for large numbers of parts.