SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

Have a good idea for a new product for SFE or Olimex? Let us know!
By bbotany
Just a usability suggestion: have a second PCB color for the Sparkfun boards that are not 5V tolerant. I am considering the pro-micro line, and would like 3.3V to interface with my GPS modules, and 5V for a bunch of sensors that work better at higher voltages. I opened a 3.3V pro-mini window by mistake, and went "Awesome, the 3.3V is blue!" Then realized my mistake. The 3.3V and 5V versions look almost identical. : (

I realize this won't work for all products, since you don't choose the colors where you are a reseller, but for the SF boards, this would be a great bonus feature.
By gouky
I want to second this. Right now I'm using 2 FTDI's: one is the Lily version (which is violet) and the other is a 3.3V that is red. I chose the Lily specifically because it was violet and I could easily distinguish it from the other.
By nomuse
I third this. Maybe we could start a trend.

If Sanka had never started their advertising gimmick, how would us coffee addicts today know how to avoid the decaf pot at the self-serve?
By SnobFrog
Agreed. And to keep it Sparfun-y, they could play with variations on the red, white and black colors for silk/mask. A red silk on white mask would look pretty striking.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]