SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

Have questions about a SparkFun product or board? This is the place to be.
By franzSBK
Hello to every one.

I'm not speak english very well so if I make some mistake I apologize to you in advance.

I use Altium designer 9.4 and I've encountered a problem in the PCB Designer side.

After end the schematic and updated the PCB document... I find in the PCB designer the right parts but without the connection line are visible.

- Well, for few connection is not really a probelm, but with a lot of connection is impossible to understand the righ path connections.
- Interesting thing is that if you start the Auto routing all nets are routed well.

At this point I think that is a Display error or bad setting of Preferences.

Could anyone help me please?

P.S. If I can't resolve this the only idea is to Re-Instal the software again to obtain the initial behaviour of the program.

Many thank in advance to anyone
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
By franzSBK
Thanks guys for the quick replies :)
But I can't follow that way for an immaginable idea...
So, for a quick solution (but not shure) I could try to re-Install the software again.

When I'll do it I'll report you the result.

bye,
Mauro.
By franzSBK
GOOD NEWS guys

I've reinstal it and all works fine.
This is a strange thing but I'm very happy because without connection lines it's frustrating!

So I consider this topic closed. :mrgreen:
By asimlink
Hi,
To solve the trouble associated with "unable to see nets in pcb" you don't need to re-install Altium. Please follow these simple steps to view nets:

1. open PCB
2. press these keys in the mentioned order "N" , "S", "A" to enable all nets
alternate method is to go to View > Connections > Show All
if this does not work then do the following step:
3. press "L" to view "Board Layers & Colors" Menu, and check the box with an option :
[x] Default Color for New Nets
alternate method to view this menu is go to: Design > Board Layers & colors. and check the box with an option :
[x] Default Color for New Nets

Regards,

Asim
By mpcohensch
Hello guys,

I have been experiencing this issue today and I tried almost all solutions on the web for making the rats nest to be visible again and nothing worked. After a couple of hours of struggling I solved my problem. I solved it by doing the following steps:

1) Go to the bottom-right horizontal menu and click on "PCB". (The location of this button may be different depending on your Altium's version).
2) On the pop-up menu select "PCB". You can also do the same on the top menu bar by clicking on "View" -> "Workspace panels" -> "PCB" -> "PCB".
3) In the left hand menu pane (now shows as title "PCB"), check if "From-To-Editor" is selected and change it to "Nets".
4) This should solve the problem if none of other tips worked for you :) I'm using Altium Designer 16.1.7.

Have a nice day.

Live long and prosper.

Patricio