SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

How long did it take to get to your neck of the woods?
By Unsoundcode
Hi , my first order with Sparkfun electronics , ordered a Bluesmirf Gold regular USPS the 7th and in my mailbox here in TN the 10th , now thats pretty durn fast.

Hoping to hook the BT module to a Parallax Propeller with a Visual Basic GUI and seeing what evolves. Nice to know I have the forums for support and , who knows , maybe even provide some useful feedback.

Jeff T.
By Sacman
I'm in Tennesse and I have had nowhere near this kind of turn around on two orders.

Both scheduled USPS. The first one I ordered right around Free Day so I wrote that off as a fluke since it was ordered on 1/11 and delivered on 1/18.

I am currently waiting on my second order which I placed on 2/1 and is still not even showing as in the same state as of Sunday night 2/6. It looks like it was picked up on Friday. I am hoping it is at least in Tennessee tomorrow and delivered on Tuesday but this will still be a full week from door to door.

I know the FAQ says they don't promise same day shipping and it could take up to 3 days to process orders but this is becoming a little bit of a let down. If I had ordered Fedex, I would be ticked off. Fedex next day usually implies that you will get your product the day after you order it as long as you order by a certain time. So far from my experience, next day would still mean 6 days after I ordered it.

I really love this site and what it offers but having to wait a week for orders is driving me to want to look elsewhere.

Wade
By CS Paul
Sacman wrote:I'm in Tennesse and I have had nowhere near this kind of turn around on two orders.

Both scheduled USPS. The first one I ordered right around Free Day so I wrote that off as a fluke since it was ordered on 1/11 and delivered on 1/18.

I am currently waiting on my second order which I placed on 2/1 and is still not even showing as in the same state as of Sunday night 2/6. It looks like it was picked up on Friday. I am hoping it is at least in Tennessee tomorrow and delivered on Tuesday but this will still be a full week from door to door.

I know the FAQ says they don't promise same day shipping and it could take up to 3 days to process orders but this is becoming a little bit of a let down. If I had ordered Fedex, I would be ticked off. Fedex next day usually implies that you will get your product the day after you order it as long as you order by a certain time. So far from my experience, next day would still mean 6 days after I ordered it.

I really love this site and what it offers but having to wait a week for orders is driving me to want to look elsewhere.

Wade
Wade,

I'm sorry that both your orders have taken longer than expected to deliver. We really do our best to get things out as soon as possible, but a variety of factors can push that to the 3 days we list as our outside time limit. Most orders do get out same- or next-day. If you are ever concerned about when a new order will go out, you can call us directly with the order number to have it printed and shipped right away.

Paul - SparkFun Customer Service