- Sun Jan 24, 2010 6:10 pm
TX, I appreciate your patience, but it seems that I am incapable of getting OpenLog operating.
I tried using Hyperterm and ‘Putty‘; couldn’t get either to work.
I might have screwed up, though. I connected the open log to Arduino IDE, and downloaded a simple sketch(“Hello world“), apparently, to open log’s atmega328. The sketch was accepted. Endless cycles of “Hello world showed up on arduino’s serial monitor, but nothing showed up on OpenLog’s SD card.
When I got Hyperterm to work, endless cycles of “Hello world” showed up there.
Using ‘putty‘, endless cycles of hieroglyphics showed up.
I tried varying baud rates, no change.
Things I've done:
1) swapped TX/RX, on an FTDI Basic TTL-to-RS232 converter, which connects OpenLog to computer.
2)Downloaded all the files from the 'main page'. (according to GITHUB)
3) Open a command prompt, navigate to the directory that contains OpenLog and type make all. (tried to, NOTHING SHOWS UP)
4) Tried using hyperterminal - didn't work
5) Tried using 'Putty', serial emulator -also no go
6) Tried using Arduino IDE, was able to load simple sketch ("Hello world") to OpenLog's atm328, "Hello world" showed up on Serial Monitor, but nothing was sent to SD card.
Well, that seems to be it. I’ll go back to using previous methods for saving data on SD cards.