SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

General suggestions or questions about the SparkFun Electronics website
By chemsuprfrk
I wonder if Woot! goes through this everyday?
By tylermenezes
Missed it by six seconds. :(
By kibble
thebra wrote:
kibble wrote:Hey, I don't care that I didn't get my order in. This was pretty exciting to watch/participate in. They'll definitely get my business later on!
You must have a low expectation of "exciting".
It's really boring where I live... :( :P
By master_of_robots
Nobody beats SparkFun, and I've shopped with quite a few electronic/robotics/whathaveyou retailers. I will ALWAYS be a SparkFun customer.
By jaimegmr
KofS wrote:
buchacho wrote:Please start a business to compete with SparkFun!! They are taking advantage of good natured DIY'ers with their high profit margins and poor customer service, there is plenty of room for competition.
dunno about their service but their markups are often pretty large....
Yea, compare the prices of the reflow stations at SparkFun to the prices of similar stations on the most popular auction site and you'll see almost a 100% price difference. Even with the $100 discount, it would come out to a similar price as if I just went ahead and bought it at the auction site.
By KofS
hey.morris wrote:
disappointed customers angry at the retailer???? ha ha what loser morons, all the cool guys know fanboyism is where its at

(btw im not disappointed or angry or going to shop somewhere else)
Get over it. Angry about what? I sat here for the same 2 hours trying to get in and I'm not butthurt about anything.
congratulations, however some people (again not me) find it disappointing and frustrating to not get into a sale theyve been anticipating. understanding this is understanding basic human responses to stimuli, hope you're capable of that
By napierzaza
F*ck this noise.

*slam*
By jswilson64
Still can't get the button to load to select a payment method and complete my order...
By rbz
KofS wrote:
hey.morris wrote:
disappointed customers angry at the retailer???? ha ha what loser morons, all the cool guys know fanboyism is where its at

(btw im not disappointed or angry or going to shop somewhere else)
Get over it. Angry about what? I sat here for the same 2 hours trying to get in and I'm not butthurt about anything.
congratulations, however some people (again not me) find it disappointing and frustrating to not get into a sale theyve been anticipating. understanding this is understanding basic human responses to stimuli, hope you're capable of that
Please. Tell us again how 'not' disapointed you are.
By johngineer
whelzorn wrote:
I like how pissed off some of you are. That's hilarious.

"I'll never shop here again!"

jesus christ.
Ummm. I think it's more that people saw this a month ago, got excited, put it on their calendars etc., then the day comes, people went into work late and sacrificed time they could have spent otherwise to arrive at a hugely disappointing conclusion.
That's why people are aggravated and disappointed
Agreed. A pre-registration would have solved much of the problem, I think, and rewarded loyal customers. I wonder what percentage of the sales will actually go towards MAKING things, and what percentage will end up being re-sold online.
By master_of_robots
napierzaza wrote:F*ck this noise.

*slam*
nuck this foise!

Well now I'm drunk! Rabble Rabble Rabble!
By KofS
rbz wrote: Please. Tell us again how 'not' disapointed you are.
im still going to order what i was going to order? hows that. im just confused by people who seemingly have cold emotionless android brains
By butterS_
whelzorn wrote:Ummm. I think it's more that people saw this a month ago, got excited, put it on their calendars etc., then the day comes, people went into work late and sacrificed time they could have spent otherwise to arrive at a hugely disappointing conclusion.
Sparkfun never promised everyone free stuff. They said the first $100k worth of orders, they weren't guaranteed free stuff if they went into work late. That's the way the cookie crumbles.
By thebra
johngineer wrote:
whelzorn wrote:
I like how pissed off some of you are. That's hilarious.

"I'll never shop here again!"

jesus christ.
Ummm. I think it's more that people saw this a month ago, got excited, put it on their calendars etc., then the day comes, people went into work late and sacrificed time they could have spent otherwise to arrive at a hugely disappointing conclusion.
Agreed. A pre-registration would have solved much of the problem, I think, and rewarded loyal customers. I wonder what percentage of the sales will actually go towards MAKING things, and what percentage will end up being re-sold online.
My guess is 20/80.
By lostangel556
wonder if an admin should lock this thread now as its turning into an flame war rather than an discussion about the free day