SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

General suggestions or questions about the SparkFun Electronics website
By tlalexander
i feel like they should just deny connections to the main page for a while to let people with carts through.

But i dunno.
By hardija
KreAture wrote:Why are all you posters regged today?
I've been a SparkFun customer for years and will be for many more! I just haven't have a need for the forum...until this crazy stunt! Very frustrating trying to get the order placed, but at least commiserating with others makes me feel better 8)
By Encryptic
RobotJay wrote:Or...

They're mostly a bunch of freebie noobs who hadn't even heard of the BlueSMiRF or BatchPCB until the Free Day was announced.
Who cares? It's really an advertising campaign. The people who got free stuff will be very happy, everyone else will probably put on a normal order anyway.
By KofS
tlalexander wrote:i feel like they should just deny connections to the main page for a while to let people with carts through.

But i dunno.
they should go back in time and hire a competent IT consultant. they've got to have a flux capacitor laying around somewhere, right?
By Drakkn
I have no clue how anyone is getting through. I'm getting timed out at every step. Can't make it past the cart.
Last edited by Drakkn on Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
By Chaosmann
Drakkn wrote:Or...

They've been Sparkfun customers for years but never felt the need to post on the forums.
For example in germany (where I came from) is a distributor where I normaly buy my parts.
By SpinDrah
screw it.

This has not been a great "Give bake to the customers" the only thing long time customers get here is a knife in the back.

this has been a GREAT publicity "Stunt" so don't try and pass it off as "giving back"

I know its only business, But i thought more of you guys.

oh well, Congrats on your successful Publicity, I will just have to save up for my stuff, Just like I have done from the time you where a Small Company.
By KofS
atleast free day helped me get up in the morning :D

way better than any alarm clock
By KreAture
Was just wondering.

I haven't seen the main screen since 8...
And I have a great connection, just not to sparkfun. Wish they'd just drawn 1000 ppl.
By KofS
anyone seen the total recently?
By rsmurphy2
$6510.

After 40 minutes of trying I finally get the main page... YAYA
By mitchmcse
$7486
By FartingMonkey92
$7,106.39.
By butterS_
It's 2am here in Aus, I should be asleep. Instead I've been trying to get past the shopping cart (really should've logged in before the website started getting hammered) since it opened... No GPS unit and compass for my UAV for at least another month or two :(
By CTID17
rsmurphy2 wrote:$6510.

After 40 minutes of trying I finally get the main page... YAYA
Good luck. Hold you breath at the end. I didn't and i got booted. :(