SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

General suggestions or questions about the SparkFun Electronics website
By lostangel556
30 minutes of trying from the UK. Managed to see the main page once or twice. but as soon as on the shopping cart, it dies.

Still wont stop me coming back later though as there is some parts on there that i need to finish my prototype.
Last edited by lostangel556 on Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
By KreAture
Why are all you posters regged today?
By Redbluefire
Loaded!
SparkFun Free Day
Is open! Time remaining:
11h : 29m : 9s
Get those orders in!
$4,231.79
Lets see if I can make a cart and order...
By lostangel556
Seems an lot of ppl only created accounts for today and thats all. then come to the forum to moan.

might have been nice if new accounts were frozen yesterday so its those with accounts that get to take advantage of the free day but hey.. tis the world we live in.
By KofS
KreAture wrote:Why are all you posters regged today?
to complain of course!! :) i have been a customer for a year or so though
Last edited by KofS on Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
By chips60
Just clicked the choose discount button, 1/2 an hr in. Now got a blank screen. that says done instead of paypal.

Oh well I'll keep trying for another 1/2 an hr.

BTW 3am here.

Greg
Last edited by chips60 on Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
By mikeyancey
Applekid wrote: Considering it's all coming down to luck anyway, it would have been the same thing if they just randomly picked 1000 prior customers and gave them $100 credit.

Random drawing luck sounds a lot more fair than those with lucky connections being able to get in on it. *sour grapes*
Agreed.
Probably just as fair, although they do get quite a user test of their website out of this...

$3547.19 BTW...

Mike Y
Dallas, Texas
By kibble
WHOOMP there it is! $5009.......................................and it died.....
By Drakkn
Or...

They've been Sparkfun customers for years but never felt the need to post on the forums.
By Applekid
mitchmcse wrote:Just not right. Worked 12 hours last night and should have been done with ordering and sleeping now. The few times I did get to the site I get kicked out on logon.
I would have force-cleared everyone's carts at the start to avoid people jumping the starting gun. :lol:
By Asimo
Redbluefire wrote:Loaded!
SparkFun Free Day
Is open! Time remaining:
11h : 29m : 9s
Get those orders in!
$4,231.79
Lets see if I can make a cart and order...
If its 40 orders in 30 minutes, thats 960 in 12 hours. The whole 100k may not go.
By lostangel556
Drakkn wrote:Or...

They've been Sparkfun customers for years but never felt the need to post on the forums.
Apologies from myself,,, just me being an sourpuss as i cant get my order in :P
By RobotJay
Or...

They're mostly a bunch of freebie noobs who hadn't even heard of the BlueSMiRF or BatchPCB until the Free Day was announced.
By CTID17
lostangel556 wrote:Seems an lot of ppl only created accounts for today and thats all. then come to the forum to moan.

might have been nice if new accounts were frozen yesterday so its those with accounts that get to take advantage of the free day but hey.. tis the world we live in.
i just made the forum account today. I've been using this site for a few months now. I was planning on getting 300 dollars worth of stuff today. Now i just have to shrink my order to 200. Oh well, i guess i am not lucky.
By tristan
lostangel556 wrote:Seems an lot of ppl only created accounts for today and thats all. then come to the forum to moan.

Ive been a customer over a year, but I made this account today to moan.