SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

Tips and questions relating to the GPS modules from SFE
By littlebirdz
Do you think you guys could add a section for the GPS modules and eval units to the forum? I am getting my wife to order me a Lassen GPS Eval kit for Xmas and it would be nice to have a place to go to see projects and "how to's" for actually designing something using the kits. I'd love to be able to actually make something with the experience gained by playing with the kit. :)

Thanks! :)
Dave
By sparky
Tada.

Good idea! We are getting more and more fun GPS engines. Need more support.

FYI - the ET301 and EM406 combined dev board should be available in 2-3 weeks. We've got a good supplier in china for SMA connectors and various RF antennas. The ET301 simply blows me away with the lock time and sensitivity.

The Lassen iQ is our bubble gum receiver. It's *cheap*, easy to use, and locks on like a champ.

If your wife or anyone needs help ordering for the holidays, we are happy to field phone calls where assistance/recommendations are needed. Gift certificates are also a good way to go.

-Nathan
By Guest
sparky wrote:Tada.

Good idea! We are getting more and more fun GPS engines. Need more support.

FYI - the ET301 and EM406 combined dev board should be available in 2-3 weeks. We've got a good supplier in china for SMA connectors and various RF antennas. The ET301 simply blows me away with the lock time and sensitivity.

The Lassen iQ is our bubble gum receiver. It's *cheap*, easy to use, and locks on like a champ.

If your wife or anyone needs help ordering for the holidays, we are happy to field phone calls where assistance/recommendations are needed. Gift certificates are also a good way to go.

-Nathan
Wow, that was pretty kewl! A new GPS forum, all for me! he he :wink:

As far as help ordering on line...my wife is pretty scary in what she knows about computers. I told her she should work for the CIA because she can find stuff online that I usually search for days on. My kit has already come in (I think). It was delivered Saturday and I was told to look the other way while one of the kids ran upstairs to hide it in some dark corner until the big day. :) You guys have a great thing going on this site. I have already placed my own order for an accelerometer break-out board, breadboard, and some of the proto breadboard power supply's. Neat stuff. I'll keep my eye on any new stuff you guys add.

Thanks for the new forum and information on the other GPS products!

Cheers,
Dave
By jayjay
Wow, that was pretty kewl! A new GPS forum, all for me! he he :wink:
Always listining to the customers! wish more companies were like this!

Cheers
Jay
By mericas
Along with the development board, will you have extra cables for the EM-406? Not in a big hurry but interested.
By sparky
fd@#$ - Right. We have them. Sorry.

It's been added to the 'Add me' list of products. Gimme a few days. I'll also post the SMD interface connector.

-Nathan