SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

Discussions on how to get your MSP JTAG programmer up and running.
By Philba
Hey, TI is offering fantastic discounts on their MSP430 development tools. It looks like 50% off. That's an awesome bargain. I've got their zigbee dev stuff on order. Here's the order page.
http://www.ti-estore.com/merchant2/merc ... y_Code=MCU

Add the code 430ROCKS during checkout to get the discount. Apparently it applies to only one product but it's still a deal. It's also only for today...

edit: hmmm, sorry that the url code thing doesn't work. use copy/paste
By phishguy
The copy and paste doesn't work.
By TheDirty
Sweet! Ordered a EZ430-RF2500.

Shipping to Canada still sucks, but that's always a given. At least it's FedEx.

EDIT: It works on more than one item and ya, looks like 50%.
By Philba
pssst... The promo code still works.
By nhunsperger
Philba wrote:It's also only for today...
Philba wrote:pssst... The promo code still works.
I have a feeling that 430ROCKS refers to MSP430, not April 30 :P
By Philba
That's a logical thought but it was presented in a mailing from TI as a one-time promotion for april 30th.
By TheDirty
I didn't even make the connection with the 430 and the date.

I got my eZ430-RF2500 kit today. Thanks. Won't be able to look at it for a few days, though. Work is going to be tough here.
By leon_heller
They usually have a 430 Day starting about now, with sessions in most countries. They can be worth attending, as they give away an interesting freebie; I got an MSP430 "wristwatch" at one a few years ago.

Leon
By TheDirty
I'm fairly disappointed with the range of the EZ430-RF2500 modules. They will not cover my house and even one floor is a little much for them at times and will cause them to fade in and out. This is strictly using the default sensor reading app that came with them as a test.

I'm assuming WiFi really effects these things, since they are 2.4Ghz.