SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

Tips and questions relating to the GPS modules from SFE
By smalcom
I comile .py with TelitPy1.5.2+_v4.1_prerelease_last and upload it to module but when i try to execute it module write
Code: Select all
Traceback (innermost last):
  File "starter.py", line 9, in ?

import myscript

ImportError: Bad magic number in myscript.pyo

By jasonharper
How did you upload the files? .pyo/.pyc files are binary, and will be corrupted if treated as text.
By smalcom
How did you upload the files?
like .py -> ASCI mode using AT#WSCRIPT. hmmm, but file size the same.

And how upload .pyo to module?
By asmithmd1
After I installed the Telit Python tools two new options appeared under the file system when I right click on a .py or .pyo file: compile and download. I have had decent luck downloading files to my module using this option. About one out of 5 to 10 times I will get an error message and have to reboot the module before it will accept another download. This is much, much faster than downloading text files and relying on the module to compile them
By smalcom
After editing script in Lib its working with software flow,

Thx
By OBU
hi!
I make a project called OBU, and I use the GM863-GPS platform.
I have connect my PC with the DSUB of the S3-Board. Now, I have a problem with the terminal program. I receive something in binary that I don't know what that means. If somebody can help me to decode the code, I apreciate.
I just want the velocity and geographical coordinates.
Thanks
By smalcom
OBU wrote:hi!
I make a project called OBU, and I use the GM863-GPS platform.
I have connect my PC with the DSUB of the S3-Board. Now, I have a problem with the terminal program. I receive something in binary that I don't know what that means. If somebody can help me to decode the code, I apreciate.
I just want the velocity and geographical coordinates.
Thanks
what send and what receive