SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

Your source for all things Atmel.
By smp4488
Before i start i would like to ask everyone to bear with me. I am very new to this game. I have layed out a design for a bluetooth module to connect to a relay board with an AVR controller. The connection is made with the RS232 connection. Im going to connect my phone to the bluetooth module through a serial connection programmed in C#. Ok, finally to my question(s). I need to program the AVR to control the relays, make a secure connection to the phone, and accept signals from the bluetooth module. How hard would it be to program an AVR in C to do the things that i have requested? I also want the AVR to send return signals to the phone when certain operations have been completed. I can program fairly well in C# but looking into all the AVR stuff i am confused. So my main question is, is this even possible? If so what do i need to start doing to get it done? Thanks Stephen
By binu_ji
if you can take out the Mobile code then i can take the AVR code to get data from Bluetooth module and process it to do the operation.
By stevech
smp4488 wrote:Before i start i would like to ask everyone to bear with me. I am very new to this game. I have layed out a design for a bluetooth module to connect to a relay board with an AVR controller. The connection is made with the RS232 connection. Im going to connect my phone to the bluetooth module through a serial connection programmed in C#. Ok, finally to my question(s). I need to program the AVR to control the relays, make a secure connection to the phone, and accept signals from the bluetooth module. How hard would it be to program an AVR in C to do the things that i have requested? I also want the AVR to send return signals to the phone when certain operations have been completed. I can program fairly well in C# but looking into all the AVR stuff i am confused. So my main question is, is this even possible? If so what do i need to start doing to get it done? Thanks Stephen
I think it's very difficult due to lack of documentation on protocols and so on. But I'm only guessing.
There are far easier choices in wireless remote controls than Bluetooth, esp. using a cell phone which probably only supports the Bluetooth audio profile.
By wiml
I can't figure out exactly what you're trying to do:

relays --- AVR --- rs232 --- bluetooth-module --- phone? --- ???

Talking to a phone from a bluesmirf (etc.) is not very hard, you just have to be familiar with a large number of APIs. Each little step along the way lives in its own world. You can either connect to the phone's serial-port-profile or dial-up-networking-profile and issue standard GSM 07.07 AT commands, or you can run something on the phone (maybe a MIDP applet) to connect to the bluesmirf. I've done the second; I don't think the first would be too hard.